You cannot transfer residence if company….

August 18, 20161 Comment

Quoted from Arabtimes – I have been working as an engineer in a very big and reputed company in Kuwait since January 2004 on a government project visa after being recruited from abroad (India).

Our company is passing through tremendous financial problems for the last few years. Due to this financial problems, I, (I mean almost all the permanent employees of this company) did not get salaries for the months of January, February, May & June 2016. My work permit and residency/ Civil ID also expired on 04-05-2016 and still my company has not been able to get a new work permit for a new residency.

Now, my company has put a temporary residency for 3 months i.e. valid up to end of this month. I also came to know from our administration department that all files have been closed by the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labor of Kuwait (Shaun Office).

In this situation, if I get a job with a new sponsor for a private or government project, is it possible for me to get a transfer from my present company to the new sponsor during this my temporary residency period?

Kindly, give me the proper legal advice and also provide me details of the needful procedures so that I can follow the same.

Name withheld
Answer: Please remember that you can’t transfer to any firm as long as the files of the company remain closed because the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor refuses to accept any transaction related to the company until the “objections”, due to which the files were closed, are removed.

The only way out of this problem is to take the company to court and after hearing the case it is possible that the court may order the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor to allow the transfer of residence.

Please remember, however, that even if the court were to issue this order you would be allowed to transfer only to another government project because you are on a government project visa. You can’t transfer to a private firm.

Source : Arabtimes

New rule for transfer of expat workers visa

In a bid to organize the labor market and reduce the rate of marginal workers, the Public Authority of Manpower has released new conditions for movement of expatriate workers within various sectors in collaboration and cooperation with Civil Service Commission and the Ministry of Interior. (more…)


Age limit for boys on dependent visa

My elder son, will turn 18 years this Oct 18. He is presently studying in 12th standard. His visa will expire in Nov 18, 2018. Please advise the age limit for boys on dependent visa; whether I can still sponsor my son. Do I need to get a letter from school (in Arabic) conforming he is a student of the school. Look forward to your valuable feedback. Thank you! (more…)


Notification from Ministry of Interior for watching porn sites

I was surfing through my internet, and happened to get a porn site on the internet by which I started checking out and found it interesting. (more…)


Driving license cancellation on designation basis

Hi! I just want to know if my driving licence will be cancelled if I change my profession. I was a phlebotomist in the hospital laboratory earning KD 335. Now I will move to a new company as laboratory technician earning KD 400. (more…)

1 comment

What does it mean “Ban on recruitment of expats below 30 years of age” ?

Need your advice on below 2 points: 1) Ban on recruitment of expats below 30 years of age. 2) 2 years passport validity for family visa. (more…)


The words of a raped victim by friends in Kuwait

I am 18 years old, and I am a survivor of sexual assault. I saw your ‘Sexual Harassment’ post dating back to the 17th of October 2016, and I would like to address some of my own queries if you will. 7 months ago, I was raped by a stranger who I confided in and believed was a friend. (more…)


Notice period on temporary residence

I am working as Mechanical Supervisor in Kuwait and my contract and visa is expiring in October 2017. Is it possible to cancel without 3 months notice period in the company. (more…)


Transfer from visit visa to family visa

I have been with my wife and daughter in Kuwait for the past 3 years. I would like to bring my son who is in India on visit visa. Can I change his visa to family visa after he enters Kuwait? My son age: 2 years one month by the time he reaches Kuwait. My salary: KD 800. (more…)


Women on maternity leave is also allowed to take annual leave

Our employee who just joined us in the first week of February 2017 this year is now on maternity leave (from July 2, 2017). We know that she is entitled to 70 days maternity leave according to Kuwait Labor law. (more…)

1 comment

Project visa release

I would like to ask for your legal advice. I am currently working on a project visa. I will be completing my one-year contract this coming Oct 25, 2017. My questions are (more…)

1 comment
You cannot transfer residence if company…. was last modified: by

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Jen says:

    I was new to the company and my visa was processed and transfers. Visa 18. My residency was done on 2nd week of Jan. For some days they were giving me a task but not daily bec.out business is not yet operating. Is there any law that i will be paid during this period? Its almonst 2 months that im not having salary.

Leave a Reply

Filed in: AlllegalLocal News

Back to Top